The university will continue to pause the masking mandate for the Fall Term. While masks are not mandatory on our campuses, masking is strongly encouraged in all indoor spaces.
Please note: There will continue to be certain elevated risk areas or activities identified where a masking requirement will be in place.
N95 masks available for students
To support the safety of students, a supply of N95 masks are available for students at the USSU office.
Masks available for employees
To support the current mask preferred environment and the safety of employees, colleges/departments/units are asked to have masks and/or N95s available for all employees that request them.
Masks and other supplies can be purchased for workplace use at ppesales.usask.ca.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including gloves, masks, glasses, protective headwear, protective clothing, cleaning supplies, and disinfectant is available to purchase through university stores. The supply chain for PPE continues to be under significant strain globally, however, an inventory of PPE is being maintained at the following locations:
- Health Sciences Supply Centre
- Chemistry Stores (in-person only)
- Veterinary Medicine Clinic (in-person only)
- Dentistry Stores (in-person only)
- AgBio Stores (in-person only)
Please purchase what you need and not stockpile inventory of PPE. Due to a large amount of counterfeit PPE items available online we ask that you continue to purchase items through the campus store locations where you normally shop.
Disposable mask recycling stations have been set up across campus to minimize the environmental impact of using 3-ply single-use masks, keeping them out of the landfill. The bins are hosted by local sustainability champions throughout campus. To become a host for mask recycling box for your building, please contact email@example.com.
Stations are currenlty set up at:
- Administration Building — Student Central
- Agriculture Building — Atrium
- Health Sciences Store
- Murray Library— Ground floor
- PAC — Fit Centre
- Place Riel — USSU
- Research Annex — Safety Resources
- University Services Building — USB Stores
- Western College of Veterinaty Medicine
- Western College of Veterinaty Medicine — Vet Med Clinic