Protect the pack and get vaccinated
Over the past year USask has been uniting across Saskatchewan to help fight the spread of COVID-19 and to keep our communities safe. Now, each of us has another opportunity: get vaccinated and protect the pack.
All approved COVID-19 vaccines are, like the many other vaccines you’ve received over your life, safe, proven, and effective ways to stop the spread of viruses like COVID-19.
We are getting closer to being back on campus, and that becomes reality once those who can get vaccinated do so.
At this time, public health authorities across Canada are not making vaccination mandatory, and USask is not planning to make COVID-19 vaccinations mandatory for students, faculty, staff, and others attending our campuses for September 2021.
As the Government of Saskatchewan or your local government continues to roll out vaccination schedules, watch for your age group to become eligible, and for details on how to get vaccinated.
- Special Leave for COVID-19 Vaccination
- Saskatchewan Vaccine Booking
- Saskatoon Tribal Council Vaccine Booking
- Student Wellness Centre vaccines
Saskatoon transportation options
Vaccine stories from USask News
Post your vax story and earn big rewards!
USask students, share why getting vaccinated is important to you for a chance to earn big rewards! Each week, beginning May 31 until August 29, up to four students who post the best #USaskVax stories will receive a $100 USask gift card. Simply tag your post with #USaskVax and @usask to be considered for a weekly reward. Before entering, read the campaign instructions and rules below.
- On Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook, post why getting vaccinated is important to you and include #USaskVax and @usask in your post. Make sure your post is viewable to the public.
- USask will direct message those chosen for a weekly reward on the platform they posted to. USask will ask for the recipient’s NSID and will email more information to their NSID email address.
- The selected posts will be featured in our weekly COVID-19 update email and shared on USask social media platforms. No personal information, including the student’s name, will be shared unless that information is included in the reward recipient’s post or social media handle.
- Open to all USask students (students who are registered in the spring term or eligible to register in the upcoming spring, summer, fall or winter terms).
- Maximum one post per day on each social platform
- The reward campaign runs from May 31 until August 29
- Reward recipients will be chosen Mondays starting June 7 until August 30
- Up to four favourite posts will be chosen from the entries posted during the previous seven days (Monday – Sunday).
- Those who submit an entry to the contest, have the chance of earning the gift card reward a maximum of two times total throughout the contest
- To be considered for a gift card reward, posts must be:
- searchable by the public
- include #USaskVax
- Include @usask
- positive in message and tone
This campaign is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. By entering this campaign, you agree to a complete release of Facebook from any or all liability in connection with this contest.
#USaskVax contest winners
Our students are posting why getting vaccinated is important to them. Here are the winners of the #USaskVax contest:
May 31 - June 7:
June 8 - 14:
June 15 - 21:
June 22 - 28:
June 29 - July 5:
July 6 - 13:
July 14 - 20: